Fortnite Supports 7.1 Surround Sound for PC
Exciting news! First we’ve found out about it. Fortnite has completely renovated their sound for Season 8, meaning more audio detail for hearing gunshots, footsteps, and any enemies around you. But unless you have an expensive headset or soundcard, it might be difficult to really reap the benefits. In case you missed it, here’s the down-low on Fortnite’s most recent audio update.
Last month, Epic Games released a long list of audio improvements to their newest patch. You can check it out here from Twitter user @ShiinaBR. Highlights include:
- Noises made by guns have changed the most. Think it’s for the better?
- Weapon sounds have changed, giving a better idea of from where people are firing.
- Players will now be able to better distinguish when opponents are moving up or down nearby stairs.
- An issue that prevented footsteps from being heard entirely was fixed.
- 7.1 sound has been added to the surround sound options. These new options totally transform Fortnite’s soundscape for the better.
Previously, only 5.1 surround sound was available to Fortnite gamers. Remember: Fortnite was designed to output 5.1 surround sound, but using regular headphones actually flattens Fortnite’s 5.1 sound track to basic stereo. Now, Fortnite is offering 7.1 and 5.1, meaning you’ll need special headphones or a sound driver to unlock that sound, which can be costly.
But, there is a cheaper alternative to enjoy Fortnite’s new 7.1 surround sound. Gamers no longer have to splurge on expensive surround sound cards or pricey headphones to hear the game as it was intended. AUDIO ROYALE unlocks Fortnite’s 7.1 surround sound on any headphones by using proprietary HRTFs to route the 7.1 signal to virtualized speakers, delivering an unparalleled immersive audio experience, making it easier to no-scope n00bs in the middle of a build battle.
Any audio updates you like/dislike in Season 8? Let us know in the comments below, and visit getaudioroyale.com to download a 14-day free trial, specially-tailored for the new patch!